NASHVILLE: The DYI Musician Conference. sponsored by CD Baby, returns to Nashville’s Omni Hotel August 24-26 for a weekend that focuses squarely on the needs of today’s independent artist. The DIY Musician Conference allows artists dive into the workings of a successful independent music career, learning from breakout sessions, panels, and one-on-one mentoring opportunities; networking and collaborating; and showcasing their music on one of several performance stages.
- Shane Adams, Grammy Nominated artist and founding instructor at Berklee Online
- Charles Alexander, Co-Founder/Director of Strategy, Streaming Promotions / Outside The Box Music
- Marshall Altman, Record Producer, Songwriter, Record Executive, Galt Line Music
- Erin Anderson, Artist Manager, Founder, CEO, Olivia Management
- Jonathan Bahr, VP of Music Publishing and Rights Management, CD Baby
- Rick Barker, President and CEO, Social Media For Music
- Nicolas Beaudoing Esq., Attorney
- Bram Bessoff, Founder & President, Indiehitmaker
- Ariel Bloomer, CEO/Musician, Icon For Hire
- Bob Boilen, Radio Personality, National Public Radio
- Kevin Breuner, VP of Marketing, CD Baby
- Beth Brinker, Creative Manager, ASCAP
- Anastasia Brown, Music Supervisor/Producer
- Bryan Calhoun, Creator, Music Business Toolbox
- Cheryl Carr, Associate Dean & Associate Professor of Music Business, Curb College of Entertainment & Music Business, Belmont University
- Ryan Carter, Founder & CEO, Parachute Media
- Chris Cobb, Co-owner / Co-founder, JR Facility Management LLC
- Karen Corzine, Co-owner, Gas Money Merch
- Jay Coyle, Founder, Music Geek Services
- Lauren Danzy, Marketing Manager, SoundExchange
- Austin Ellis, Singer from The Voice Season 6
- Cheryl Engelhardt, Composer/Songwriter, CBE Music LLC
- Katie FaganHead, Prescription Songs Nashville
- Dr. E. Michael Harrington, Composer, Musician, Consultant, Professor, Berklee, SAE Institute
- Craig Grossman, Founder/Booking Agent, Green Room Music Source LLC
- Tom Jackson, Live Music Producer, Tom Jackson Productions, LLC
The innovative motivational speakers target three objectives:
- Provide actual strategies to bring your music, and your music career, to the next level
- Inspire you to follow through on your plan
- Be accessible through the conference for questions and networking
Speakers and industry experts are encouraged to stay for the duration of the conference and make themselves available to attendees throughout the weekend. The deep engagement and interactivity gives conference attendees encouragement, support and technical know-how, and gives sponsors the irreplaceable opportunity to communicate directly with potential clients and create diehard advocates for their brands.
The DIY Musician Conference is the antidote to all of that. Geared towards the hundreds of thousands of musicians working to break through, our conference provides actionable advice, access, and tools to empower motivated musicians.
For a complete schedule, visit DYI online.
For tickets, visit DYI online.