CLARKSVILLE: What has been generically called the “Civic Plaza” has been officially named the “Downtown Commons” and will open on November 24 (the day after Thanksgiving) with the unveiling of a new ice skating rink just in time to launch the Christmas season.
Black Friday shopping will be in direct competition with those who want to take time out and glide around the “Downtown Commons Holiday Ice Rink” which will be open from 6:30 to 10:45 p.m. Admission is $10 per person.
Construction continues on the park public which is surrounded by Second, Third, Legion and Main streets. Though is is brimming with construction workers now, the ice portion of the facility will be ready go in a matter of weeks.
- Pavilion for live performances with additional enclosed space and a full-time retail or food and beverage tenant
- Water feature reminiscent of the Cumberland and Red rivers
- Terrace seating around the water feature
- A central lawn for gatherings
- Perennial flowers and native plants in a rain garden
- Public restrooms
- A pavilion with docent station for rentals
- A variety of shade trees
For more information about ice-skating including private rentals, contact Atkins via email at email@example.com.