Just in time for the holiday breaks, the Frist Center has broadened its offerings for children, parents, and educators with the launch of friskids.org, a fun new online destination with art activities designed for children of all ages. The site contains a wealth of educational resources that complement school curricula and make learning an exciting activity at home, on the go, or in the classroom.
Inspired by the award-winning interactive Martin ArtQuest® Gallery and created by members of the Frist Center’s education department, the website offers the following features:
- “ArtQuest Art Is All Around You” Videos: More than forty Emmy® award-winning one-minute videos that explore fundamental art concepts such color, shape, architecture, photography and printmaking
- At-Home Activities: Creative and fun DIY art projects following the videos that children can complete at home with readily available and safe materials
- Educator Resources: In-depth teacher guides and lesson plans to be used in the classroom and by homeschool educators; lists of web resources for each topic
- My Gallery: A private digital portfolio space for children to upload their own artwork and share with friends and family. Young artists have the option to submit their work for public viewing on the site’s rotating feature showcase gallery.
- Fun at the Frist: A calendar of kid-friendly programs and exhibitions at the Frist Center
- Martin ArtQuest: Learn about the Frist Center’s popular, interactive art-making gallery.